Shestak UI
Go Back   Shestak UI > Interface Forums > English Community > Bugs Reports

Bugs Reports Report any bugs or issues you come across with ShestakUI.

Advertising

Old 02.09.2012, 12:23   #1
 Elder Member User Information

Bug Vengeance Bar

Hi Shestak,

You UI is great and I love the vengeance bar working again. I just discovered a bug in its values. Vengeance is no longer capped at 10% max HP but can grow to infinite numbers. This causes strange values in the bar (112925 / 32016):

Because max vengeance can no longer be calculated maybe switch it to "maximum achieved during whole fight"?

Regards,

Ramlaar
Old 02.09.2012, 12:23   #1.5 - Disable Ads

Advertise on this site

Old 02.09.2012, 12:35   #2
Wetxius
 Assistant User Information

Pande, I discussed it with Shestak yesterday. If we do this type of tracking, then calculating will have to do more complicate + bar will jump back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pande View Post
This causes strange values in the bar (112925 / 32016):
How often bar displayed this value, on what boss?
Maybe just change cap to half of hp tanks.
Old 02.09.2012, 14:18   #3
Pande

Hi Wetxius,

It depends on fight and difficulty mode. The screenshot I've attached was made in LFR mode and the tentacles that hit me is much weaker as you find it in HC mode. In my last HC raid I often found myself with enormouns AP values (100k upwards). No idea how the values are going to be in MoP but I think that 50% HP as AP will be possible.

I think this information is still valid (quoted from Ghostcrawler):

-- Whenever you get hit, Vengeance is added based on the damage of the hit before block, crit block, absorbs, stagger, and Shield of the Righteous.
-- Whenever you avoid an attack from a mob where MobLevel>=TankLevel-3, your existing Vengeance is extended to 20sec remaining.
-- Based on how hard you’re hit, we estimate how high Vengeance’s equilibrium point will be: DamageTaken / 1.5.
-- If you’re not at least half that high on Vengeance, we bump you up to that amount
-- The new Vengeance value is calculated as: 0.02 * DamageTaken + OldVengeance * OldVengeanceSecondsRemaining / 20

If you assume 50% Tank HP to be the new "hard cap" you'd hardcode, this would mean you take roughly 125% of your current HP as incomming DPS to achieve this hard cap: 1,25 [max HP]*0,02*20=0,5 [max HP as AP]. That can't happen for a long time before you die... but the interesting part is the equilibrium point that is calculated. DamageTaken / 1.5. If you did not at least reach 50% of this equilibrium point, you will be bumped to that value. Meaning if there is a very hard hit, you'll get DamageTaken /3 as Vengeance.

Shouldn't this be quite easy to implement?

Regards,

Ramlaar
Old 02.09.2012, 15:12   #4
Shestak
 Junior Member User Information

Quote:
"hard cap" = 125% of your HP
Correct?
Old 02.09.2012, 15:22   #5
Pande

Hi Shestak,

There is no real hard cap any more. In theory you can get infinite AP from Vengeance but you wouldn't survive the incomming dps for long. If you take the mighty CDs like pain supp, shieldwall, ... and combine them, you'll be able to take high dmg incs that return in extremly high vengeance values. If you are able to survive 3 to 5 hits from a Deathwing tentacle in a row with high dmg reduction CDs you'll easily go over 125 of your HP. The 2nd hit (+100% dmg inc) is what you see in the screenshot in my first post. According to Ghostcrawler "current cap" is probably highest hit in the last 20s/3.

Regards,

Frank
Old 02.09.2012, 15:40   #6
Shestak

Quote:
There is no real hard cap any more.
Yes, I know. But we need to make the static value, otherwise the bar will continue to jerk (the language barrier).
Old 02.09.2012, 15:59   #7
Pande

Hm if you need to have a static value then I think it's just up to you to decide where you'll fix it because it depends on the hits you receive (and there especcially on the very strong). As in my example, the Deathwing tentacles hit for pretty low damage all the time and when they channel their style, you get a hard hit and this one boosts your vengeance that hard.

Solo tanking Patchwerk (without any melees) would probably result in comparable results but because he has an extremly high dmg inc on a single tank.
Old 02.09.2012, 16:15   #8
Wetxius
 Assistant User Information

Quote:
the Deathwing tentacles hit for pretty low damage
How much attack power bonus you receive this? It was over of 10% health?
You tanking previous bosses, what values of Vengeance was there? On Blackhorn example.

Добавлено через 2 минуты
If Tanks gain 100k Vengeance only on Madness and Balaroc, Maybe keep the current cap(10%)
Old 02.09.2012, 16:28   #9
Pande

Just as a side note: Hits that have been completely avoided or absorbed also counts towards vengeance. For the actual vengeance you can take the value from the tooltip but I don't think that you will be able to determine how hard a dodged hit would have hit and therefore you won't be able to calculate the current cap (no matter if there are huge spikes or not, because even a huge spike can be avoided in some cases). You will probably only be able to place a static value that you base on an assumption. Something like "50% current HP" or another value that you define.

Posted in 4 minutes
10% HP as AP would mean that a boss hits as follows:

Assuming you have 200k HP, you end up with 20k AP from vengeance as soon as the boss hits with 50k dps before any avoidance! (50k*0,02*20s). This is nothing unusual in Hardmode encounters.

I didn't pay that much attention in other fights then Deathwing but I'm quite sure that I went over 10% HP in all fights even in LFR.
Old 02.09.2012, 16:29   #10
Shestak

Короче. Я делаю 125% от здоровья игрока.

Mobile Style Русский English Deutsch Italian Chinese