Shestak UI
Go Back   Shestak UI > Interface Forums > English Community > Technical Support

Technical Support Ask for help or find solutions about ShestakUI.

Advertising

Old 21.11.2010, 22:14   #1
 Member User Information

Massive Lag b/c of UI

Hey there. I just want to say I love Shestak UI. It honestly couldn't be better for me, and literally everything I want and can think of has already been implemented.

Anyway, while using your UI and Skada and DXE in Icecrown Citadel last night, I noticed that after a few bosses, the UI started to make my game lag. Massive FPS drops (usually only when the boss pulls and then for a few seconds, then it goes back to a little less than normal, but otherwise playable.), and lag in general seem to be a problem for me. Is there anything you might suggest? I don't normally have any issues running a full UI, even at max video settings.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just wanted to ask why the damage layout raid frames are in front of the Raid Cooldown timer at the top left? Is there any way to move the CD timers, or something?
Old 21.11.2010, 22:14   #1.5 - Disable Ads

Advertise on this site

Old 21.11.2010, 23:00   #2
Shestak
 Junior Member User Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryga View Post
I just wanted to ask why the damage layout raid frames are in front of the Raid Cooldown timer at the top left? Is there any way to move the CD timers, or something?
The location of most UI elements can be changed in the file positions.lua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryga View Post
Anyway, while using your UI and Skada and DXE
I do not use Skada or DXE. I do not watch for updates of these programs. And I was not in the raid with these addons. On this difficult for me to say because of what is happening.

PS: In a raid with Skada or DXE I was only a few times when files are changed them for the general style. But at that point I had no FPS drop.
Old 22.11.2010, 14:53   #3
hmyz
 Member User Information

This is most likely Skada issue. I'm running Skada & DBM with ShestakUI and sometimes (can't really say when) i also have massive lag or even freezes when i try to select different boss fight fragment or different viewing options (like damage done/healing done etc) in Skada. It just freezes the whole game for a number of seconds. During fights - though my Skada is hidden it results in a lagspike after each mob dies.

Usually resetting the data and reloading the UI helps, sometimes i just disable Skada.

My advice would be to try to reproduce this without skada, and if the issue is gone - then you've found your problematic addon.
Old 03.12.2010, 21:31   #4
Kilto
 Member User Information

Ill also add that I also suffered recently from lag when raiding with skada, usually after a few fights and it had collected a bit of data... Im now using AlDamageMeter which seems to have fixed any issues i had, u can get it here http://xanithon.wowinterface.com/dow...=oldest&page=1
Old 06.12.2010, 19:37   #5
Ryga
 Member User Information

Confirming that this was a Skada issue. I disabled Skada, and still had the lag, however there was information that was being requested by another operation in the cache, which needed to be hard-reset by restarting my computer after disabling it.

It seems they've updated Skada, and this is no longer an issue.

Mobile Style Русский English Deutsch Italian Chinese