Shestak UI
Go Back   Shestak UI > Interface Forums > English Community > General Discussion

General Discussion The place for World of Warcraft discussions that don’t fit into any other forum.

Advertising

Old 23.12.2013, 17:27   #1
 Elder Member User Information

Arrow My custom fonts

I had been having issues with OOTB fonts in ShestakUI for a while; and recently I just sat down and played with some to get where they are if not perfect at least not irritating. Looks like some other people complained about fonts being too small or unreadable, so I decided to share my findings.

For "Normal" font: calibri.ttf - (exists in C:\Windows\Fonts )
For "Pixel" font: pf_ronda_seven.ttf - http://www.dafont.com/pf-ronda-seven.font

To apply:
Copy both TTF files to:
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ShestakUI\Media\Fonts

Open World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ShestakUI\Config\Settings.lua
Change the following:

Code [Select]:
C["media"] = {
	["normal_font"] = [[Interface\AddOns\ShestakUI\Media\Fonts\calibri.ttf]],		-- Normal font
	["blank_font"] = [[Interface\AddOns\ShestakUI\Media\Fonts\Blank.ttf]],			-- Blank font
	["pixel_font"] = [[Interface\AddOns\ShestakUI\Media\Fonts\pf_ronda_seven.ttf]],		-- Pixel font
I didn't change font sizes (another lua file and I have tried that) or made any other changes to that effect, so the customization effort is minimal. Looks very nice on 1600x900 and ok on 1920x1080 resolutions.

Looks something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/qBQQqub.jpg
Says Thank:
anj (24.12.2013), Shestak (25.12.2013)
Old 23.12.2013, 17:27   #1.5 - Disable Ads

Advertise on this site

Old 24.12.2013, 23:55   #2
anj
 Senior Member User Information

What I do is to rename the new fonts I use to Pixel.ttf and/or Normal.ttf -- just in case those fonts are used elsewhere.
Say Thank:
Shestak (25.12.2013)

Tags
fonts